"Pulvis et umbra sumus," said Will, not looking at her as he spoke. "I believe we are dust and shadows."

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Kind of disappointing

Alright, I'll admit it: I seem to be about the only person in the world who hasn't yet seen Sherlock.
I've started watching it this week and I love it to bits, but everytime I start talking to someone about how cool it is, they're like "yeah I know right, what, you hadn't seen it?". I have a reason for this, though. It's only very recently that I've even begun watching regular tv shows. It never really occured to me that you can just download them and watch them in the right order at your own convenience. My brain must be broken. Anyway, once I started watching, some series caught my attention really quickly, although that is probably partly because I picked those because I was pretty sure I'd love them. Whatever.

So I started watching Sherlock. And along with season one and two, I'd gotten the unaired pilot. I don't know if you guys have seen it. Anyway, it was labeled episode 0, so I figured I'd watch it before watching episode 1. I watched it, and I freaking loved it. To bits. Imagine my frustration when I found out that not only was episode one basically the same episode, I liked the pilot better. It put me off, a little. I haven't tried asking people if I was the only one to have this reaction, but I might.

Even with that, though, I still love the show. I'm kind of sad it only has three episodes a season. :(.

~Lev

2 comments:

  1. That's just how British tv works. We adhere to a time schedule rather than an episode schedule. Each episode is an hour and a half long, so you only get three a season. I never saw the unaired pilot, but they don't tend to be much different from the actual first episode. I love Sherlock but I've still not seen the last episode of season 2. It's now been so long if I want to I should watch all of the episodes again. Which really wouldn't be a problem, I can dedicate some time to drooling over Benedict Cumberbatch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know right. That guy is beyond handsome. He's one of those people who look pretty unassuming until you see them in motion. Like Tom Hiddleston. I've had the same experience with both Benedict as Sherlock and Tom as Loki. The entire female internet population goes wild over them, while I was like 'well, I've seen the pictures but they're really not all that attractive'. And then I actually watched the Avengers, Thor and Sherlock and the only thing that would really register was 'wow'. ;).

      Delete