"Pulvis et umbra sumus," said Will, not looking at her as he spoke. "I believe we are dust and shadows."

Monday, March 5, 2012

How can anyone be so relieved anyway? It doesn't even happen!

Most of the time.

So yeah, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. A weight I kept forgetting to blog about, incidentally. Every time I felt like I needed to get it off my chest I'd be nowhere near a computer, and when I WAS near a computer, I'd have forgotten what it was I wanted to blog about. The thing is: my job has been kind of problematic lately. Not in any real sense, so much as I just wasn't on the schedule very often and that coupled with my general ineptitude when it comes to the work I do made me even more sucky at it. And I kept forgetting things, and having to ask other people for specifics (some of whom have been working there for a much shorter time than I have, but a lot more regularly) and subsequently getting scolded and rhetorically asked how long it was again that I've been working there (a bit more than a year, in case you were wondering). So that kind of got me down. Especially since I myself just felt like I was in the way more often than I was actually being useful, even if I know that's an exaggeration. So lately I've been thinking about that, and I'd decided that it would be better for me to quit this job (I work at a cafetaria/snack bar) and just apply for a job in one of the local supermarkets. Only problem was, I'm kind of terrified of the prospect of an awkward conversation, it's almost a kind of phobia. And I thought it would be worse if I just barged in there and asked if I could talk to my superior (who doesn't even work regular shifts so I wouldn't know if she'd even be there), so I sent her a text asking if we could talk for a bit somewhere in the near future. That went unanswered for two days, making me queasy every time someone texted me because I thought it might just be her. Then, this afternoon, she texted me with possible times we could talk, tonight being one of them, and I just figured "To hell with it". So I just went there, and I told her I was going to apply for another job and therefore it was quite possible I would be resigning in the near future, and she was all understanding and told me she'd basically expected this when I sent her the text asking to talk. So it all went really quickly and smoothly, I told her I'd work the shifts I was assigned this month and, if I don't have an answer by next week (when she'll be making the new schedule) I would work the next schedule too, no problem. :'DDDD. I was so happy, I was seriously a nervous wreck beforehand, was quivering on my legs. x'D.
And now I have to write a letter of application, which I've never done before... Oh well, my mom said she'd help. <33.


TL;DR:  I pseudo-quit my job in preparation for applying for another job, and all went well.

Now I feel it is time to grab myself some MAD SNACKS YO.
(Although I probably shouldn't, I've been hating the mirror again lately. Maybe not then. Still, this post needed a BRO reference >8'D.)

Ummm... yeah. That's really all I have to say on the matter. :').



Where doing it man
Where MAKING THIS HAPEN
...ironically 8D



~Lev

4 comments:

  1. You're spouting not-that-obscure references like a narwhal spouts water. Calm your tits, or you'll be running out of them in no-time.

    But cool to see you've finally mustered up the courage to say you'll be quitting, and props to your for finding a proper goddamn job now. Supermarkets are waaay better working environments that snackbars. In my experience, anyway. G'luck with the letter, I'll root for ya!

    (Also reply to your comment on my blog coming real soon.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. That seems to always be my problem. I get majorly obsessed, get way ahead of myself, and use up the funny so fast that really hilarious things start to just bore me D':. But I don't really know how to be covert. Iguess.

      Delete
  2. Oh and your lil' bro thanked me for addicting you to Homestuck. Now apparently you don't bother him anymore. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like that at my job sometimes. I most definitely will when I go back. I'm just a volunteer though, so I can leave again if I want. I wish you the best of luck on finding a new job, and well done on working up the guts to just do it.

    ReplyDelete