"Pulvis et umbra sumus," said Will, not looking at her as he spoke. "I believe we are dust and shadows."

Monday, March 19, 2012

Okay so it's been a really long time

And I apologize for that, if anyone actually cares. I've just been a little out of it, lately. Not feeling too great, either, although I don't think there's anything physically wrong with me. Not in the fever-area anyway, although recently I fell while at work and I caught my weight in my side, doing a sort of roll-thing over a banister. It hurt like a bitch for days, but you couldn't actually see any discoloration or bruising or anything. Anyway, a co-worker was all like "Oh no have you ruptured your spleen?" And I figured it didn't hurt enough to be anything cool like a ruptured spleen, but now I have these slightly nauseating pangs of pain a bit below the point I originally landed on and I'm starting to have my doubts. Or maybe it's just something like a bladder infection or whatevs, but there's something not right in there. I suppose I'll have to go to the doctor...

On a more cheerful note, this weekend I broke my habit of hermitage to go to the next town over and visit some friends. I was originally supposed to cycle the 12 kilometers there, but my mom didn't like me cycling on my own in the dark, so my dad ended up bringing me there by car, with my bike. We had a lot of fun, it was awesome, and apparently the guys liked it too because I got invitations/demands to come along more often (Yay!! :'D). Then Fang and I, in a slightly inebriated state, cycled to his house, which was where I crashed. Then in the morning (well, it was afternoon, technically) we listened to some very very cute recordings of a very young Fang :'D. And, of course, watched [S] Cascade. Twice, for good measure. Holy fucking hell. 8DD.
Then, I had to go home and cycle the 12 kilometers, and it wasn't pretty. I hardly ever cycle anymore, and it was cold and the wind was blowing and I had a huge MoThErFuCkInG headache... I was miserable. Booohooohooo I should really excersize more. >,>.

So, I have today off from school, and it's a miracle I got up before noon, but I have to try and force myself to spend today in a useful manner. Meaning, I have to do my homework and study for upcoming test week and my English Individual Oral Exam, which is going to be hell. You get an excerpt from one of a selection of three of the literary works we've studied (in this case being The White Tiger, 1984 or Carol Ann Duffy's poetry collection The World's Wife) with 20 minutes to annotate it and structure a talk about it that has to be around 8 minutes long. Then there's a 5-minute discussion about the fragment or the book. Now, it's not the discussion I'm worried about; unlike most of my classmates, I actually READ all the books. I'm just not very confident in my ability to rightly analyze the fragment and talk about it in a structured manner for eight long minutes. My teacher tells me I'm good at it, but I honestly think she just assumes that because I'm relatively good at everything else... Anyway, I have that oral on wednesday, so I've got today and tomorrow to freshen my memory on the books and the poetry. :'D.


As a side note: who else is looking forward to The Hunger Games? (Okay so this is kind of a moot point because I have two readers but meh). It comes into cinemas on wednesday, and I'm really excited. I read the first book when it came out and loved it, but took a few years to read the second and third books.. I still think the first one was the best, and that's obviously the one they are now releasing the movie of, so I can't wait. Funnily, neither can my mother. I made her read the books and she loves them as well. :'D.
The only thing I'm a little disappointed about is the casting, but when my mom asked me how I HAD envisioned the characters (because the cast fits with her expectations), I couldn't tell her. The funny thing is that in my head, characters look different as their character develops, and characteristics are always a little foggy. I can never really pinpoint what I think they look like.



Lastly, as a sort of I'm-sorry-I-was-away-so-long-and-anyway-this-thing-is-awesome, have this gratuitous picture of the Nekobasu:



Talk to y'all later!!


~Lev

12 comments:

  1. You only have two readers? I'd like to dispute that but sadly it seems like the truth :( Fang mentioned that you had been to his house in his blog, so it's nice to know you actually were and he isn't just making up stories about girls going to his house to preserve his image of heterosexuality. Mostly to himself. Good that you had fun and made it home safe and relatively sound. I would go to the doctor if I was you, but if I was you, I probably wouldn't hate the doctor like I do. Doctors that is. Not THE Doctor. He's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaaha that would be kind funny, actually. But in that case it would've been less of an obvious lie to not mention a name :'DD. Yeah actually I don't really know what to think of the doctor either. Then again, I never really have cause to go to the doctor other than getting my subscription for migraine medicine. That shit sucks. As for The Doctor, I've yet to start watching Doctor Who and from what I read about it it seems kind of complicated? Luckily, in a few weeks' time I'll have a lot of time on my hands. :'D.

      Delete
    2. Mark you're implying things and I don't think I like the implications of that.
      You know I'd go gay for you any day of the week, but a long-distance relationship like this just won't do. ):

      Delete
    3. Doctor Who isn't that complicated at all, and even if you do get confused, you can just look up the episode and be all "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." I do recommend it thoroughly. Get more time! If he had said that any old girl had been to his house, we might not have believed him, we needed names. As well as you to confirm you were there of course. He could be paying you off mind...

      PS Fang, my heart, she breaks! </3

      Delete
  2. Yeah it was the shit, etc etc. You basically already summed all of it up so there isn't much to comment on here.
    Cycling 12km isn't that hard. Can get it done in, what, 30 minutes if I try a bit. Bike to school more often! ;D

    Also fuck I still have to read like 4 books for Dutch and all of the books for English, which are like, 7 or something.
    I can get away with not reading all of them for Dutch if I tell van Ree my exact motivation for such a treacherous act, I believe. And currently a 7.5 for English (which I don't think will stay that way for long), so that can take a hit if needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know I suck and should cycle more. And that sucks, though it's good that van Ree is apparently that forgiving... what is your exact motivation for such a treacherous act, anyway?

      Also, I think I'm going to do the blogging from A to Z thing, although I can only hope I'll pull it off gracefully.

      Delete
  3. The Hunger Games - its going to be amazing I hope! :) Have you read the books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See you have three readers now Levy! More reason to post!

      Delete
    2. I have, and I love them. Although I must say that the direction Collins took it with Catching Fire and Mockingjay is not really what I'd expected when I finished The Hunger Games, but I love them nonetheless. I was just a bit aggrieved at how she just sort of got rid of Gale at the end of it all... Gale's one of my favorite characters, and it just felt to me like Collins had no use for him anymore and just conveniently sent him somewhere else, as if he was the bad guy. And Katniss was all "Yeah that's actually perfect 'cause I would never be able to look at you again anyway". I don't know, I guess I understand that reaction to some extent, but it just saddens me. :/.
      ...And this is not what you'd asked at all, naturally. Sorry about that. ;).

      @Mark: :'DDD.

      Delete
    3. Yeah I loved The Hunger Games, and I admit that I actually thought Gale was a really brilliant character, but he sort of changed in the last book from what I can remember. I do remember saying to my sister 'she should stay with Gale' but of course my sister disagreed :) It ended really oddly, certainly didnt see the ending of Mockingjay coming! :)

      Delete
  4. Hope your spleen is fine; I think your school stuff most definitely will be fine.

    Hmmm, Hunger Games. I liked the first one, and Catching Fire up until a point, but Mockingjay and especially the ending kind of pissed me off. Now, to see, or not to see, the film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like my spleen is doing better and better; thanks for the concern :').
      Yeah, I also liked The Hunger Games better than Catching Fire and especially Mockingjay, but I figured that the movie is worth a shot. Honestly I wonder/doubt whether they were able to accurately portray the impact and tone of the book, but the best way to find out is to experience it firsthand. I guess I do understand why you would not want to see it, though. >;].

      Delete