"Pulvis et umbra sumus," said Will, not looking at her as he spoke. "I believe we are dust and shadows."

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Back from London

And normal life's a bitch. Got back yesterday evening and already I'm expected to do stuff around the house. Woe is me!

On the other hand, I had a great time in London. We went to a lot of museums (the Science Museum, the Natural History Museum, the British Museum and the National Gallery, although we didn't spend a lot of time in the last two). It's really awesome that they are all free, especially considering the amount of money I spent on other things *shamefaced*. In fact, we bought so much that the single bag we'd brought as cabin luggage couldn't hold all of the stuff we had to take back home. That caused the only real fight we've had, which is a miracle in itself; my sister and I don't always get along very well. We did have a few disagreements throughout our stay, but on the whole it was a very enjoyable trip!

Look what I gots in the Natural History Museum:

It's a stuffed, 1,000,000x enlarged neuron. I call him Gregor. He's just so cute!

We also went on an evening walk through Westminster (Well, I think. We started out in Westminster, anyhow), along Westminster Bridge and then we traversed the Millennium Bridge, which was really awesome but had my sister complaining that her feet hurt. Most of the time, I was the one complaining; I didn't feel very well and I kept having headaches and being extremely hot or cold, it was annoying. For both of us. But we made it through (mostly) unscathed.

Here's a gratuitous picture of Ben at night (I'm a really bad photographer):


Also, on a completely different note, I accessed my mail yesterday night for the first time in four days and had 45 emails. I was like "What?!", but then I saw that somehow, 20 people had felt the need to post congratulations on my Facebook wall. >,<. I felt very appreciated, though, also by the various people who braved the 13-cents overseas cost of a text to wish me a happy birthday. Thanks to all you guys. And Paul, I laughed really fucking hard from your awesome text. So tell me, what dictionary did you swallow? x'DD.

So yeah. Why is it that, as you get older, birthdays just lose all the magic? It's just so sad. :/. Or am I the only one that doesn't feel special on their birthday anymore? I must be getting old...


_AND DUDE!_ FFXIII-2 ads in the Underground stations!
On the very first day. I was all over the place from Awesome.

~

ZELDA UPDATE (x'DD): I continued to the Castle (turns out it's really called Ganon's Castle, so I wasn't far off :'D), and was amazed at how ridiculously easy the final dungeon was. However, I got to the face-off with the Great King of Evil Ganondorf (what a title :'D) and ran out of magic power (and therefore Light Arrows) before I'd finished him off. Turns out sending his energy blasts back at him stuns him, but doesn't actually do any damage. I was stuck in a perpetual cycle. That is, until my sister (the very same) started rage-vacuuming because we hadn't done it yet (nobody had asked) AND SWEPT THE NINTENDO64 OFF OF THE TABLE. It crashed into the floor and my gameplay suffered a horrible, sudden death. Actually, I haven't tried it again after, so I can only hope she hasn't somehow fatally wounded the poor thing...  To Be Continued. Dun Dun Dunnnn.

(Also, Ganondorf was dramatically playing an organ when Link entered the room. AWESOME.)



~Levyathan

5 comments:

  1. The neuron looks a bit like a mingled spider. No wait spiders are prettier. ;D

    But sounds like you had fun. Hope your headaches (or migraines?) weren't that bad, but seems like you managed either way.
    You didn't miss too much over here, nothing really exciting happened. 'CEPT FOR MY GUITAR BEING DRIVEN TO ME RIGHT FREAKIN NOW

    Also, sucks that you have to do small chores around the house. You may want to have a look at this, use it as advice.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRidmU
    trollolololol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gregor is plenty pretty! x'D.

      And they were just headaches, and OH MY GOD GUITAR. You go girl. You are now officially a Guitar Dude.
      ~That video is awesome.

      Delete
    2. It arrived, YESSSS
      And it's really cool and all.
      But is has some scratches, and the output on the guitar isn't earthed properly, so it rarely works and if it does you hear the radio too. Probably returning it. ):

      Delete
  2. Gregor is pretty cute :) It's great you had such a good time, much better than my time in London. As for your birthday, I don't think they get any less special. I don't make a big deal out of my birthdays though. I've never really celebrated them much. When I was in school no one knew when my birthday was. Jessie fusses over me but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And Paul, I laughed really fucking hard from your awesome text. So tell me, what dictionary did you swallow? x'DD."

    mission accomplished!

    I swallowed ALL the dictionary's!
    and I guess I dictionearly choked..*puts on sunglass* aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwjjjjjjjjjjjjeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhh
    some things, I really had to look up but I came pretty far myself.

    kgggggg over kgggggg...

    ReplyDelete