"Pulvis et umbra sumus," said Will, not looking at her as he spoke. "I believe we are dust and shadows."

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Going to London, baby

TOMORROW BITCHES. In fact, our flight is at 8:30 AM tomorrow, and we need to check in at least 70 minutes before. That, coupled with the time it takes to reach the airport and the morning-rush traffic jams, means we have to leave home at 5:45 AM. That means I have to get up before 5 in the morning. THE HORROR!

I'm actually getting kind of nervous about this trip, because it's just me and my sister going and I can only hope we'll be able to survive. No, I'm not really worried about that at all, but it's just really weird to think I'll be in London tomorrow. I haven't even packed yet! Can't really decide what to take with me, I have too many clothes and too few at the same time... Oh well, guess I'll just cross that bridge when I reach it.

I'm definitely taking my Game Boy Color and the book I'm currently reading: The Name of the Star (Shades of London #1) by Maureen Johnson. I started reading it yesterday, am about halfway through and I think it is really awesome. It's just kind of... scary? It's about the 1888 Jack the Ripper murders being reenacted in modern-day London (with fresh victims) BY A GHOST. It's kind of strange, but I love it. It also made me afraid to close my eyes and go to sleep, but that's not important. Anyway, I'll be bringing that on the off-chance I'll find time to get some reading done.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I'll be able to post anything in the coming four days. Not, y'know, that I've been posting at all regularly lately, but just a heads-up. I might do a scheduled "Happy Birthday to Me" post but I'm not sure yet, because I'd have to write that now. You'll just have to wait and see.

But I don't honestly have much else to s-

OH MY GOD. I almost forgot. A good friend of mine was over for the day and she brought her Wii. Now, I don't own a Wii and have never much regretted that because I think the Wii sucks as a serious gaming console and mostly just has merit for playing things like Mario Kart at parties and with lots of friends. BUT. There is one reason I have always secretly wanted a Wii: The Legend of Zelda. Now, I doubt any of you are surprised by this, but still. Anyway, she brought her Wii- and Twilight Princess. I've been dying to play that game since the moment it was announced. I got to play it today for a full three hours (and then some) and I loved it. And now I'm once again brokenhearted because I don't own a Wii, even though I stand by my opinion about it as a gaming engine and I just so wish there was just a fucking BUTTON for swinging your sword. And then. SKYWARD SWORD.

TL;DR: I might just end up buying a Wii at some point in the future.

(Also I beat the Spirit Temple on OoT and Sheik revealed his (her) real identity and Princess Zelda was kidnapped by Ganondorf. So now it's off to Ganon's Castle to rescue the Princess and save Hyrule!!)

Now, I wish you all a very good night, I'll be off packing my bags.

Adieu,

~Levyathan

2 comments:

  1. Wait 'til the WiiU is out. It'll support newer games, better graphics, and most likely have backwards compatibility too.

    BUT OKAY SEE YOU THEN.
    Have fun, happy birthday in advance, and by the time you get back I may own a guitar.
    ENJOY YOURSELVES. (Also I have no idea where Mark lives, but if you happen to think you spot him, say hi, will you? ;D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in London. I think you should buy a Wii just for Zelda. It's calling out to you. It needs you. Plus you have the Nintendo store for all the old Zelda's. All that sweet sweet Zelda.

    ReplyDelete