"Pulvis et umbra sumus," said Will, not looking at her as he spoke. "I believe we are dust and shadows."

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tsk tsk tsk I should be working

..On my Written Task, that is. I've got it about half finished and was hoping to get it done today. Still am, actually. Problem is, I'm writing a letter from a character in the novel 'The White Tiger' to his father, and as such I'm going to have to actually make sure it fits the novel to a T. Meaning, I'll have to think about how the Mongoose would address his father, what he would and would not discuss, what words he would or would not use, etc. It's exhausting. Especially since I was one of the few people who actually finished the novel by the time we were supposed to, and that was a while ago. So I have to re-read a lot in order to analyze the interactions between the Mongoose and the Stork. JOY. Added to that, I'm also supposed to stick to the conventions of the text type I chose, to show that I know what that type of text entails and that I'm able to use the text type in the appropriate ways. >,<.  Not only do I have to think about all of the above, I have to justify my choices in a one-page rationale, so the examiner will know I deliberately wrote it a certain way and am not just relying on luck. Kill me now.

And then, once I've finished this one, I've got another one to do. Before Thursday, might I add. Okay, so yeah, it's kind of my own fault (the final due date was announced WEEKS ago), but it's annoying because I've been feeling kind of fuzzy lately and it's hard to focus correctly. :'(.

This is, incidentally, also why I didn't update yesterday, for those who care. I figured that since I'd missed a day already, it wasn't necessary to post something everyday. (This is also why diets never work for me. "That looks delicious, but I'm not supposed to eat it. Although, I forgot and ate some chocolate yesterday. You know what, I'll just start officially TOMORROW!" x'D).

Also, I'm weak. Yesterday I had work (which is exceptional lately, I never get scheduled anymore) and I was going to ask my boss WHY I never get scheduled anymore. In fact, I was looking at the new schedule, which lasts until March 4th, and my name was nowhere on it. :/. But anyway, in the end I didn't even ask her because I couldn't find the right moment, and I didn't feel like having the whole, terse, "I'm sorry but if I can't work more, I'm going to have to quit and find something else because this is not really working for me. I'm going to University next year, and it's not going to pay for itself"-conversation. And now my dad is kind of disappoint. Oh well, since when is that unusual?


Here I go, complaining, complaining. Sorry for that. :'D.

On a more AWESOME note, I just got me a Mewtwo on my White game by means of a Nintendo WFC Mystery Gift. I probably won't really use it since I'm not White-obsessed anymore, but Mewtwo has always been one of the most badass pokémon out there, so yeah. :'DDD.

Fang's shaking his head at me, I can feel it. x'D.



BTW: You gotta listen to this, it's so awesome. It's what happens when you play Track 02: Venice Rooftops and Track 03: Ezio's Family from the Assassin's Creed II OST simultaneously. Perfect Synchronicity


~Levyathan

3 comments:

  1. Mewtwo? On the WFC? I want so bad. He was just great, I don't care what Fang says. Good luck getting all that writing done though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, do you have Black or White? It's actually really easy, you just follow these instructions: www.pokemon.com/us/ex/mewtwo/get-mewtwo
      And voila!
      And thanks, I've actually finished the first one now, am going to try and complete the second one today :).

      Delete
  2. Not obsessing over White anymore? Kid I ain't even gotten my fifth badge yet slow down!
    And yes I'm indeed shaking my head. Just... again with the fucken legendaries is all.

    (Also do moar homework.)

    ReplyDelete