"Pulvis et umbra sumus," said Will, not looking at her as he spoke. "I believe we are dust and shadows."

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

All set for some celebration

Or, at least, I've just sent the invitations. :'D. I can only hope people will actually want to come x'D.

That's probably not really an issue. 8D. Either way, I was almost afraid I would have to call it off.

Seriously, since there'll probably be quite a number of people coming, I figured it would be best if my parents weren't at home when I celebrated my birthday. That's no problem, my parents have lately made it a habit to take weekends off every now and then. I also figured that my sister might not want to stick around because she might not get along very well with the rowdy bunch of idiots I call my friends. I told her as much, and mentioned a couple of things they might say in jest that she wouldn't like to hear, but she said she wouldn't mind staying upstairs all night if she had to, so no prob. :'D.

Then, I think about three days ago, I was going to send everyone an email to invite them to my party, and my mom was suddenly all "yeah, I'd wait with that if I were you, your dad wants to talk about that". OH GOD. Turns out, the things I'd mentioned to my sister alarmed my parents because they figured that if I couldn't keep them in line and they were that bad, my parents weren't really comfortable with all these people being in the house while they were away for four days. x'DD. Let's just say I'd exaggerated a little when warning my sister. Needless to say, I placated my mom and reassured her that all would be well, and the problem was solved. So now I've got a party planned at the end of March. :'DD.

Aside from that, we had a Dutch literature test (my first language, basically the test was about the history of Dutch literature and different genres and stuff) that I completely fucked up Dx. I hated that test, it was AWFUL. Everyone agreed with me, incidentally 8D.



Also, today I finished reading Amanda Hocking's novel Switched, the first in the Trylle trilogy. Which I started reading yesterday. It is a little out of hand with my reading obsession. Anyway, I loved it. It was really awesome, about a changeling (a child of the fair folk - in this case a Troll in a rather unconventional portrayal - that is switched for a human baby) called Wendy, who is found by the Tracker Finn and taken back to her real family. Finn is really really awesome, and there are (obviously, it IS a YA novel) romantic complications between him and Wendy, and I really just loved the whole story. Needless to say, when I finished reading, I was itching to get my hands on Torn and Ascend (part 2 and 3). BUT THEN. I read the first chapter of Torn that's included in the novel, and the teaser for Ascend, and I found out that.... *drum rolls* There is going to be a love triangle. Because of course, what is a story without a decent love triangle/square/pentagon/hexagon/(I could go on)?
As you might have noticed from all the sarcasm, I don't really LIKE love triangles. In fact, I generally hate them, because they bring a lot of unnecessary drama and somehow the guy I root for is always on the losing side. :/. Another reason can be that it's just unbearably sadsadsad and heartbreaking because both guys are really awesome and great and just all-around decent (WillTessaJem in The Infernal Devices. I FUCKING CRIED). So basically, now I'm not sure I want to read the rest, but I probably will end up reading them anyway.

Either way, I have enough books now to keep me happy. Yay, birthday!

Now we've just gotta see how long they last...


AND LOOKIT THIS --> http://serebii.net/black2white2/
excitedexcitedexcited.



~Levyathan

5 comments:

  1. I'm not going to read your shit about books.
    Fuck books.

    But your party needs MOAR BOOZE. Your parents aren't going to find out anyway. *wonk* ;3
    Nah but don't if you're not allowed to. Parties kick ass anyway.

    Also, BW2, not sure if want. Prolly yes, but it's not even for the gimmicky handheld. The balls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not "not allowed to", it's "There are always some idiots who don't know when to stop even if you tell them beforehand that you want no one to vomit". It just doesn't work and I don't find booze at all necessary, anyway.

      Delete
  2. Well I'm glad you can actually have your party. Remember, its not a good night if the police aren't called, and you can remember it. So if you can remember that advice the day after, the party was not a success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so is there no sex allowed damn i was just planning to do something like that, and i totally wanted to vomit in your toilet, and damn i actually wanted to smoke some weed at yours aswell, all my evil plans destroyed at once... well in that case ill be button mashing dashing and maybe even slashing your controllers

    ReplyDelete