"Pulvis et umbra sumus," said Will, not looking at her as he spoke. "I believe we are dust and shadows."

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

J: Jaloezie

Hey, Jealousy.

Ever had a visit from the green-eyed monster? I'll bet you have. Everyone has. Some people are more susceptible to jealousy than others, the same way people differ in music tastes and hair colors. Well, maybe not necessarily hair color, because that's easily modified and you don't change the foundations of your character quite that easily, but I digress.

Jealousy comes in many varieties, and when it's slight and easily controllable it's generally harmless, but it can deal a lot of damage to relationships, because generally a jealous boyfriend or girlfriend is seen as having a lack of faith in the relationship and partner, even though jealousy is a quite natural reaction to have when you feel as if something that is 'yours' in some way is in danger of being taken away from you.

It's really quite an illogical thing, the way people react to jealousy.


~Levyathan

6 comments:

  1. >green-eyed monster
    Yep, that's Mark alright.

    Did this really take you that long to write, or was I just constantly interrupting? ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take that as a compliment. As for jealousy I'm really probably too prone to it. There was a time when I think I was okay with it, and not jealous at all, but no after everything that's happened to me I've become really too jealous and definitely too possessive.

      Delete
  2. I started when you guys were annoying. And then I stopped. And I just now continued. So it's alright. :'D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, we've all had a visit from the green eyed monster. At least for me, it's gotten better with age. The more comfortable I become with myself, the less I am jealous of other people. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I notice I'm being jealous for a stupid reason I just try not to show it and wait until it goes away.

    ReplyDelete