"Pulvis et umbra sumus," said Will, not looking at her as he spoke. "I believe we are dust and shadows."

Saturday, April 28, 2012

X: Xylofoon

Which is, unsurprisingly, a xylophone. Basically it's the first word anyone thinks of when trying to name a word starting with an x. For those of you who don't know the instrument, it's a sort of frame on which are mounted wooden slabs or bars which, when struck with a mallet, produce musical notes. It has a distinct sort of chiming sound.

It's a pretty common kiddies' instrument because it's not very hard to make it produce sound and it's not that easily broken. For children they generally come in all kinds of colors.


4 comments:

  1. Rainbow is a good colour.

    Is this the only thing you could come up with? ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shut up. >,>.
      I would've thought of something better if I'd just written it yesterday when I was supposed to, but I figured I'd rest my eyes for a while and when I opened them again it was morning. D:.

      Delete
  2. I quite like Xylophones myself. They can be fun to just sit down and tap on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best thing about those is that it's very easy to make them sound not terrible. Unless you abuse them too powerfully of course.

    ReplyDelete