"Pulvis et umbra sumus," said Will, not looking at her as he spoke. "I believe we are dust and shadows."

Monday, April 23, 2012

T: Tegeltjeswijsheid

Wisdom from a tile. I'm not sure whether that's actually a thing anywhere else than the Netherlands, but maybe we're just weird like that. :'D. Basically, it refers to the kind of inspirational quotes that can often be found on decorative tiles hanging - incidentally - mostly in bathrooms.

Whatever can be found on there, it's generally a cliché. Think the kind of proverbs and sayings that are embarrasing to actually utter because people will just start looking at you like "Really? x'D. Dude, no one actually SAYS that!"

For some reason, though, they become acceptable when put on a tile. Don't ask, I don't even know.

..Although it's still a matter of taste, of course. You'll never ever (or maybe I shouldn't say that too soon but still) find one in my house.

I'm just not that into clichés. :'D.


~Levyathan.

3 comments:

  1. I'm into some cliches but I don't really like it that much when people say them to me because usually it's something I already know and don't need them telling me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really tiles, but still rhyming wisdom.
    http://twitter.com/#!/OpaBeelen
    He's awesome.

    Also,
    "Is it finally your birthday,
    Do you get a shitty tile."

    ReplyDelete
  3. they have their place i guess--was that one--good thoughts

    ReplyDelete