"Pulvis et umbra sumus," said Will, not looking at her as he spoke. "I believe we are dust and shadows."

Friday, April 13, 2012

L: Liefde

Ah, love. Quite possibly the most obvious choice when discussing a random topic starting with the letter 'L'.

Love can be quite a broad subject, depending almost entirely on one's definition of the term. The words "I love you" are said too often, yet not often enough, as they say. Real love is hard to come by, and people tend to overreact when they like someone, hence the words being said 'too often'. On the other hand, there could be a lot more love in this world.

(Disclaimer: The things I do or do not say in this post about love are mostly derived from observing others. Basically, I have little to no first-hand experience of what I'm talking about here.)

Now, there are different types of love, in different orders of gravity. ('Gravity'. I'm making this sound so... grave. x'D)

The types of love most important to me as a person are familial love, and love shared between friends. I like all of my friends, obviously, but there are only a few I'd say I really love. And even though my family is made up of individuals I'd probably steer clear of in any other situation, I really do love them.

...I'll spare you the sob-story that is my dysfunctional and mostly one-sided relationship with romantic love. :/.

I can only say I hope that love, and it's applicability to me as a person, will evolve and grow with the years, and that I may be open to it when it is ready to come to me. (So poetic. :'D).


~Levyathan

6 comments:

  1. love makes the world go round:P
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com
    Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I do hope that you do get love eventually. My experiences with "love love" tends to be one sided as well :( I think the "said too much, but not often enough" thing comes from people saying love when they don't mean it, or don't have it "said too much" but they also don't say it to the people they actually love, and don't mean it as much as they say "not enough".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm almost afraid to ask, but am I one of the friends you really love? Be truthful! (Also no hard feelings!) :D

    Also I think most if not all your blog readers share the same kind of love life you have. Forever alone together? :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure you wanna know? Imma hafta think about that for a loooooooong. Loooooooong. Loooooooooooong. Looooooooooong, long time. No, but seriously, I think you are. Funny thing is that that developed quite recently, when we started associating more closely, so to put it. :'DDDDDDD. (This sounds like a euphemism. IT'S NOT A EUPHEMISM).

      And that, my dear friend, sounds like a plan.

      Delete
  4. The people you love the most also tend to piss you off the most. uwu

    ReplyDelete
  5. love can be fleeting---when love is not a decision

    ReplyDelete