"Pulvis et umbra sumus," said Will, not looking at her as he spoke. "I believe we are dust and shadows."

Monday, April 16, 2012

N: Nieuwsgierigheid

Curiosity. Best known for killing the cat.

It's such a sad thing, for words to have such dreadful connotations. I weep to think - okay nevermind. Really though, people tend to be curious. It's not always a good thing to be curious. There are some things that should stay secrets, and other things that shouldn't necessarily, but people can be far too nosy for their own good. It's a good thing to be curious, but it's even more of a virtue to be able to keep said curiosity at bay when it is uncalled for. Many a good relationship has seen an untimely end because someone could not keep their nose out of someone else's business. Advice of the day: Be curious, but always be vigilant. x'D.


~Levyathan

6 comments:

  1. When it gets to the point of inspecting people's belongings, IT HAS GONE TOO FAR :'D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My math teacher flat-out told my parents that I ask her too many questions.
    And great post!
    -Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a very curious person myself. I've found out a lot of things I wish I hadn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right. From now on I'm curious but vigilant. Darn. Have you used up your 'v' word already? Blog on!

    http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fuck. My lil' sis needs to learn this. She's so damn curious all of the time. Can't even say "none o yer business" without her asking me 24/7 what it is. |:

    ReplyDelete
  6. the older i get, i find i don't have too much problem telling people, in a nice way, that it is not something i wish to discuss

    ReplyDelete